Academy of Educators
Our mission and vision
The Academy of Educators at Washington University School of Medicine is an institutional collaboration of educators who together will foster a culture of educational excellence and an institutionally valued community of leaders in health science education.
The Academy will:
- Foster an environment where education is highly valued and conducted at the highest level.
- Encourage and recognize innovative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment.
- Provide advocacy for education in the promotions process.
- Organize mentorship and faculty development programs in medical education.
- Support exceptional educational research and scholarship in the health sciences.
Who We Are
- Teaching Scholars Program (Certificate Program)
- Foundations in Teaching Skills (Certificate Program)
- Mentoring Skills
- Support for Basic Science Faculty
- Mentoring graduate and professional students
- Classroom teaching
- Teaching Awards
Education Research and Innovation:
- Small Grants Program (information coming soon)
Washington University School of Medicine’s Academy is a service-based Academy with a selective membership. Membership criteria (outlined below) will require a formal review process with membership selection being a form of high honors. External reviewers will be integral to the selection process. Service commitments will be required to maintain membership with renewal applications needed at regular intervals.
Office Location: Farrell Learning and Teaching Center (5th floor)
660 S. Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110
Mailing Address: 660 S. Euclid Avenue, CB 8214, St. Louis, MO 63110