Academy Membership Application
Washington University School of Medicine’s Academy is a service-based Academy with a selective membership. Membership criteria (outlined below) will require a formal review process with membership selection being a form of high honors. Membership in the Academy is for five years and may be renewable based on evidence of contributions to the academy’s activities and participation in its programs. Members who are elected are expected to actively participate in academy events, including attendance and participation in scheduled Academy meetings (to be held on a roughly once monthly basis). Members will be asked to self-report on engagement on an annual basis, including programming they wish to see developed or expanded.
Click HERE to watch the Academy Overview and a Question/Answer session
Applications Accepted: June 2022, specific date TBD
Once received, applications will be reviewed by a committee of educators from Washington University School of Medicine, as well as by external reviewers.
Application review criteria:
Applications will be reviewed based on the Academy Criteria Matrix.
Before submitting your application, please review the following information to assist you in submitting an appropriate application.
- Review the criteria matrix It is recommended you align your statement of interest to these criteria metrics.
- You must have a minimum of three years’ experience as a faculty member, beyond your terminal/last training experience. The number of years is inclusive of teaching/faculty experience conducted at all institutions.
- The statement of interest should include a statement on how your involvement in the Academy will fit your professional and personal goals as an educator and a description and examples demonstrating your expertise in your two focus areas selected below. The statement should align with the criteria matrix.
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation is required and should be written by a Program/Department chair or someone who can validate your educational expertise and contributions.
- Supplementary documentation examples and Mentoring History.