- WUSM Specific Updated Activity Guidance, May 19, 2021: Changes to the COVID-19 activity and masking guidance. Please see the detailed instructions about what is and is not allowed in this message from the Dean.
- COVID-19 Learner Re-Entry Guidance, March 14, 2021: Please review the latest COVID-19 Learner Re-Entry Guidance.
- How to Be Safe During the Thanksgiving Holiday, Nov. 2020: As we enter the holiday season, we hope to answer some of the most common questions about travel and holidays with this FAQ.
- Remote Access to Becker Library Resources, June 23, 2020: Becker Library has opened up access through a proxy server to all faculty, staff, and students affiliated with the Medical School through August 31. Also see Online Instruction Guidance for guidance on copyright and fair use in the online classroom setting. For help, contact AskBecker@wustl.edu.
- COVID-19 Learner Re-Entry Guidance, June 5, 2020: Please review the latest COVID-19 Learner Re-Entry Guidance.
- March 17, 2020: Washington University cancels spring commencement ceremonies (FOX 2 Now)
- WUSM OE, March 16 2020: Per the Facilities Operations Update announcement (PDF), Olin Gym and Core 818 facilities are temporarily closing due to COVID-19 precaution. ~ Andy Wiegert.
COVID-19 Updates for the OE Community
October 6, 2020
Updated as of May 19, 2021. This post will be updated with COVID-19 information specific to the Washington University School of Medicine Office of Education community.
Find WashU School of Medicine updates at coronavirus.med.wustl.edu, the central COVID-19 resource for faculty, students, trainees, and staff.
Office of Education Announcements by Audience
Please review any or all of the messages below related to your area of interest.
- Updated Guidance from BJC on Clinical Rotations, Aug. 25, 2020: Please review the latest guidance on student clinical rotations.
- COVID-19 Supply Orders, May 28, 2020: To order isolation masks, PPE, hand sanitizer, or disinfectant, use the Resource Request Coronavirus Supplies form.
- WUSM Program Directors, March 19, 2020: Please read Dean Aagaard’s Clarification on Recent Directives (PDF).
- WUSM Clinical Presentation, March 17, 2020: Please review a clinical presentation on COVID-19 from William G. Powderly, MD (PDF).
- WUSM Students, Oct. 25, 2020: Please review these Important COVID-19 Updates for Students.
- MD Program Students, Aug. 5, 2020: Please review the recent Guide for Student Activities while Social Distancing and FAQ from 2nd Year Students.
- MD Program Students, June 22, 2020: The updated Curriculum Schematic for 2020-2021 has been posted.
- WUSM Students, March 31, 2020: Please read Deans Aagaard’s & Moscoso’s update on the WashU Crisis Response Fund for Students.
- WUSM Students, March 19, 2020: Please read Betty Feagans’ message to our students: Student Health Access – Your Health and Well-being.
- MD Program Students, March 16, 2020: Read the Dean Leadership Team’s Commencement announcement (PDF).
- MD Program, March 15, 2020: Read Dean Aagaard’s update on COVID-19 Changes in Instruction (PDF).
- GME, March 18, 2020: Please read the PD/PC weekly advisory for COVID administrative policies pinned at the top of GME > Program Leadership.
- ACGME, March 18, 2020: Please read ACGME Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Additional COVID-19 Resources
Please utilize the following resources related to the School of Medicine’s response to COVID-19 as well as remote teaching and learning.
- COVID-Ready Communication Skills: A Playbook of VitalTalk Tips
- List of Key Cancelled Events for the MD Program (Google Sheets)
- Medical Education During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Society of Teachers of Family Medicine)
- WashU Emergency Management: Coronavirus Site (coronavirus.wustl.edu) — Includes information on travel-restricted locations, what to do if you travel back from a restricted location, etc.
- WashU Faculty Practice Plan: COVID-19 Information for Clinical Faculty & Staff
- WashU Teaching & Learning Continuity
- WashU Mental Health Guidance for Managing Anxiety
Contact ETIU for updates or questions about this page, or call 314-273-OMSE (8-5 M-F) for assistance with MD Program teaching and learning.Categories: Announcements