- WUSM Program Directors, March 19, 2020: Please read Dean Aagaard’s Clarification on Recent Directives (PDF).
COVID-19 Updates for the OE Community
March 16, 2020
This COVID-19 Updates post will be continually updated with information specific to the Washington University School of Medicine Office of Education community.
Updated: April 6, 2020, 2pm
Find Washington University updates at
The latest announcements are featured prominently at the top of the page.
Find Washington University School of Medicine updates at coronavirus.med.wustl.edu.
The School of Medicine website makes it easier for the Medical Campus community to find COVID-19 information, including procedures and updates pertaining specifically to our campus. This website is a central resource for School of Medicine faculty, students, trainees and staff.
Program Announcements by Audience:
Please review any or all of the messages below related to your area of interest.
- WUSM Clinical Presentation, March 17, 2020: Please review a clinical presentation on COVID-19 from William G. Powderly, MD (PDF).
- MD Program Students: Clinical rotations for 3rd and 4th year students are currently paused. Students may pursue non-direct patient care academic activities.
- WUSM Students, March 31, 2020: Please read Deans Aagaard’s & Moscoso’s update on the WashU Crisis Response Fund for Students.
- WUSM Students, March 19, 2020: Please read Betty Feagans’ message to our students: Student Health Access – Your Health and Well-being.
- MD Program Students, March 16, 2020: Read the Dean Leadership Team’s Commencement announcement (PDF).
- MD Program, March 15, 2020: Read Dean Aagaard’s update on COVID-19 Changes in Instruction (PDF).
- GME, March 18, 2020: Please read the PD/PC weekly advisory for COVID administrative policies pinned at the top of GME > Program Leadership.
- ACGME, March 18, 2020: Please read ACGME Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- WUSM OE, March 16 2020: Per the Facilities Operations Update announcement (PDF), Olin Gym and Core 818 facilities are temporarily closing due to COVID-19 precaution. ~ Andy Wiegert.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
Please utilize the following resources for timely updates on the School of Medicine’s response to COVID-19 as well as the associated remote teaching and learning situation.
- COVID-Ready Communication Skills: A Playbook of VitalTalk Tips
- List of Key Cancelled Events for the MD Program (Google Sheets)
- Medical Education During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Society of Teachers of Family Medicine)
- WashU Emergency Management: Coronavirus Site (coronavirus.wustl.edu) — Includes information on travel-restricted locations, what to do if you travel back from a restricted location, etc.
- WashU Faculty Practice Plan: COVID-19 Information for Clinical Faculty & Staff
- WashU Teaching & Learning Continuity
- WashU Mental Health Guidance for Managing Anxiety
Contact ETIU for updates or questions about this page, or call 314-273-OMSE (8-5 M-F) for assistance with MD Program teaching and learning.Categories: Announcements