Program Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement (PE/CQI)
The Program Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement (PE/CQI) Unit is dedicated to overseeing the evaluation of the MD education program and various programs under the education purview. We work closely with those in the Office of Education to collect, synthesize and present evaluation data that will drive change and align with accreditation requirements and institutional strategic planning.
Mission: Provide critical information and analyses to education leaders through program evaluation and continuous quality improvement for the advancement of educational programs at Washington University School of Medicine.
Program evaluation is a systematic method for collecting, analyzing, and using information to answer questions about projects, policies and programs, focusing on effectiveness and efficiency in collaboration with stakeholders.
Continuous quality improvement is the ongoing process that evaluates our programmatic quality and ensures effective monitoring of medical educational programs and compliance with accreditation standards.
Vision: Continuously improve the quality of programs to create the future of medical education
Specifically, our unit is responsible for:
- Conducting continuous quality improvement as it relates to accreditation requirements and institutional education strategic planning
- Administering, analyzing and presenting internal surveys to medical students (end of 2nd, 3rd, 4th year surveys, post-graduate year 1 and program director)
- Analyzing and presenting Association of American Medical Colleges surveys (MSQ, Y2Q and GQ)
- Processing program evaluation data for colleagues to use for their pre-approved scholarly projects
- Handling data requests for colleagues and institutional partners: Submit a request »
Office location: Bernard Becker Medical Library, Room 301 (Third Floor)
660 S. Euclid Ave. St. Louis, MO 63110
Mailing address: 660 S. Euclid Ave. CB 8214, St. Louis, MO 63110
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
“The goal of our unit is to create a system in which program evaluation and continuous quality improvement is seamless and transparent to drive change and create the future of medical education.”
Eve Colson, MD, MHPE
Program Evaluation & Continuous Quality Improvement
Clinical Research Specialist