Instructional Design Studio Services
Working with the ID Studio
The below represents the typical life cycle of a project in the ID Studio. Our smallest projects typically take about 1-2 weeks from first contacting us to walking away with your final project. Larger projects will take longer and make have additional touch points. Before you get started, check out our Getting Started guide and our COVID-19 Guidelines.
The first step when considering use of our studio is to make a request.
- Contact us at IDStudio@wustl.edu.
- One of the ID Studio staff members will review your request and respond, typically within a day or two.
- Next, you will meet with the ID Studio to learn about your educational goals and vision for the look and feel of the project. If you can’t make it to the studio, we can come to you.
- After determining the scope of the project, we can move forward with recommendations for different technologies or strategies as appropriate.
- Schedule time with the ID staff to begin your project. Typical working hours are M-F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Work on your project begins. If you will be coming to the studio to record, we will schedule you at this time.
- ID Studio will edit your project and send you a draft at least once for your review. You will have an opportunity to request further edits and minor adjustments.
- After you approve, we will hand off your final project to you.
Our studio offers a variety of services and levels of support to fit your needs.
Do-It-Yourself Studio (DIY Studio)
The DIY space is intended for faculty to have access to current and emerging technologies to enhance student learning. A few examples of such technologies include: screencast (or voice-over-PowerPoint), podcasts, talking head videos. Light editing is provided before turning over the final project to you.
Even though faculty will be creating resources themselves, a member of the ID Studio team must be present. Self-service reservations for this space are not available at this time. Use of this space is subject to availability of the studio and staff.
The recording studio offers a full-service experience. ID Studio staff members will be present at all times to guide you through the creation of your materials. More sophisticated technologies, such as a lightboard, greenscreen, or full-interview recordings, are available in this sound-proofed space. These types of recordings include detailed editing services, such as live editing, which allows for a quicker turnaround time.
This space is reservable only through the ID Studio. Use of this space is subject to availability of the studio and staff. Expect to spend longer in this space.
Ready to get started? Contact us!
Office Location: Becker Library (Lower Level)
660 S. Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110