Instructional Design Studio Services
How to request services
The first step when considering use of our studio, is to make a request.
- Contact us at IDStudio@wustl.edu or use the Request a Consultation page.
- One of the ID Studio staff members will review your request and respond, typically within a day or two.
- Next, you will meet with the ID Studio to learn about your educational goals and vision for the look and feel of the project. If you can’t make it to the studio, we can come to you.
- After determining the scope of the project, we can move forward with recommendations for different technologies or strategies as appropriate.
- Schedule time with the ID staff to begin your project. Typical working hours are M-F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Our studio offers a variety of services and levels of support to fit your needs.
Do-It-Yourself Studio (DIY Studio)
The DIY space is intended for faculty to have access to current and emerging technologies to enhance student learning. A few examples of such technologies include: screencast (or voice-over-PowerPoint), podcasts, talking head videos. Light editing is provided before turning over the final project to you.
Even though faculty will be creating resources themselves, a member of the ID Studio team must be present. Self-service reservations for this space are not available at this time. Use of this space is subject to availability of the studio and staff.
The recording studio offers a full-service experience. ID Studio staff members will be present at all times to guide you through the creation of your materials. More sophisticated technologies, such as a lightboard, greenscreen, or full-interview recordings, are available in this sound-proofed space. These types of recordings include detailed editing services, such as live editing, which allows for a quicker turnaround time.
This space is reservable only through the ID Studio. Use of this space is subject to availability of the studio and staff. Expect to spend longer in this space.
Ready to get started? Contact us!
Office Location: Becker Library (Lower Level)
660 S. Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110