Eva Aagaard, MD
Carol B. and Jerome T. Loeb Professor of Medical Education, Senior Associate Dean for Education, Vice Chancellor for Medical Education
- Phone: 314-362-7800
- Email: email@example.com
Carol B. and Jerome T. Loeb Professor of Medical Education
Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine
Dr. Eva Aagaard is Senior Associate Dean for Education and Professor of Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM). In this role she provides oversight and direction to the educational programs of the School of Medicine including undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education, as well as allied health and combined degree programs. Prior to moving to WUSM, she served in roles that include Assistant Program Director, Course and Clerkship Director, Vice Chair for Education, Associate Dean for Educational Strategy, Founder and Director of the Academy of Medical Educators, and Director of the Center for Advancing Professional Excellence. As a result, she has developed extensive experience in faculty development, curriculum development and mapping, program evaluation, and medical education research.
In recent years, Dr. Aagaard has been particularly engaged in learner assessment and remediation. Nationally, she serves as a member of the Internal Medicine Board of the American Board of Internal Medicine where she serves on appeals panels for practicing physicians facing loss of certification. She serves on both item writing and test development committees for the National Board of Medical Examiners. She served as a core member of the Milestones in Internal Medicine development and writing committees and is currently participating in the Milestones 2.0 process. Dr. Aagaard is passionate about mentoring and has served as a project and career mentor to over 100 faculty locally, nationally and internationally over the course of her career.
- Green M, Aagaard E, Cavergezie KJ, Chick DA, Holmboe E, Kane G, Smith CD, Iobst W. Charting the Road to Competence: Developmental Milestones for Internal Medicine Residency Training. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2009;1(1):5–20.
- Stickrath C, Aagaard EM, Anderson M. MiPLAN: A Learner-Centered Model for Bedside Teaching in the Modern Era. Academic Medicine. 2013;88(3):322–327.
- Stickrath C, Noble M, Prochaska A, Anderson M, Griffiths M, Manheim J, Sillau S, Aagaard EM. Attending Rounds in the Current Era: What Is and Is Not Happening. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2013;173(12):1084–1089.
- Guerrasio J, Garrity M, Aagaard EM. Learner Deficits and Academic Outcomes of Medical Students, Residents, Fellows, and Attending Physicians Referred to a Remediation Program, 2006-2012. Academic Medicine. 2014;89(2):352–358.
- Corral J, Guiton G, Aagaard EM. The Impact of an Academy of Medical Educators on the Culture of an American Health Sciences Campus. Academic Medicine. 2017;92(8):1145–1150.