Our mission and vision
The Academy of Educators at Washington University School of Medicine is an institutional collaboration of educators who together will foster a culture of educational excellence and an institutionally valued community of leaders in health science education.
The Academy will:
- Foster an environment where education is highly valued and conducted at the highest level.
- Encourage and recognize innovative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment.
- Provide advocacy for education in the promotions process.
- Organize mentorship and faculty development programs in medical education.
- Support exceptional educational research and scholarship in the health sciences.
Who We Are
- Teaching Scholars Program (Certificate Program)
- Foundations in Teaching Skills (Certificate Program)
- Learner Assessment for Program Leaders
- Faculty Development Workshops
- Mentoring Skills
- Support for Basic Science Faculty
- Mentoring graduate and professional students
- Classroom teaching
Education Research and Innovation:
Washington University School of Medicine’s Academy is a service-based Academy with a selective membership. Membership criteria will require a formal review process with membership selection being a form of high honors. Membership in the Academy is for five years and may be renewable based on evidence of contributions to the academy’s activities and participation in its programs. Members who are elected are expected to actively participate in academy events, including attendance and participation in scheduled Academy meetings (to be held on a roughly once monthly basis). Members will be asked to self-report on engagement on an annual basis, including programming they wish to see developed or expanded. In the application, candidates are asked to indicate areas in which they may desire to participate; these will be finalized after Academy Fellows are selected.
Apply to the academy
Office Location: Farrell Learning and Teaching Center (5th floor)
660 S. Euclid Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63110
Mailing Address: 660 S. Euclid Avenue, CB 8214, St. Louis, MO 63110